Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Photowalk in Penang

I went to Penang during the long weekend break to relax and rejuvenate. It was refreshing to be away from the city. The past few months had been stressful for me.

There's no plan to do anything and just go with the flow and eat my way there. This time around, I brought along most of my film cameras as I need to finish off the roll. And to test out a few vintage cameras that I acquired.

A friend said to me before, why send the camera to fix when you don't know whether it has any defect at all? Why not take the cheaper option of putting a roll of film and start snapping? You can judge for yourself when the photos are developed. That makes sense. And that's what I did.

I am definitely in love with my "new" old Minolta 110 Zoom SLR. The results came out better than expected. There's no need to fix it at all. It has its usual grainy feel to it.

My husband and I took a walk around Penang town in search of the "famed" art murals by Ernest Zacharevic. The sun was scorching hot but it was worth it. I'm glad that we took the walk because some of the murals had fade.

These are taken with the Panasonic Lumix LX5 by Mr Hubs because I was busy with something else.

Little Children on a Bicycle - Armenian Street

Reaching Up - Cannon Street

Boy on a bike - Ah Quee Street

Little boy with pet dinosaur - Ah Quee Street

Little Girl in Blue - Muntri Street

This is a random one that we found. Beautiful.










There are a few more that we did have not found due to limited time. Will be back to Penang during CNY and hopefully look for the others.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by BlogSpotDesign | Ngetik Dot Com