Monday, February 4, 2013

Minolta 110 Zoom SLR - 1st test shot roll

My hub bought me a vintage Minolta 110 Zoom SLR for Christmas. I love the unique shape of this camera. Its dimension is 53.5 x 108 x 132mm and weights 430gms. Quite a heavy baby to carry around and it uses such small film. It is powered by two 1.5 volts silver-oxide batteries. (S76 or A76 here in Malaysia) It was a hassle to find its batteries in Malaysia at first because it is the flatten pancake batteries that is hard to find. But we found some at a shop in Subang Parade, selling calculators. And we recently found out that Daiso and Radio Shack carries a lot of this kind of batteries.

Just to share a brief history of this camera if you're interested to know. It is an inexpensive first ever 110mm film format SLR camera produced in the world by Minolta (1976 or 1977). Therefore, it has been around for 36 or 37 years. Previously, the 110mm film format was discontinued due to its lack of popularity. But thank you to Lomography for bringing it back! And I got this camera just in time to test out the new films.

I bought the Lomography Color Tiger 110 because it was the only film available then. It does not disappoint. I was keeping my fingers crossed everytime I take a shot and hope for at least a decent shot. The end result? I got mine back better than I hoped!

Here are some shots around Penang when I did my photowalk :











I've just reloaded the camera with Lomography Redscale Negative Lobster ISO 200. And hopefully it will turn out well. Til then.

2 comments:

Design by BlogSpotDesign | Ngetik Dot Com